Monday, August 27, 2012

Who I am

 My name is Utku. I am from Turkey. I am a freshmen. After I took the university entrance examination in Turkey and got accepted from one university in Business major, I decided to consider my chance which is studying in abroad. I went to the IEC (language course) last year in SCSU. My major is Biomedical Science. I like to spend my spare time with my friends with doing any kind of team activities. I also really like to play and watch basketball. After giving a short information about my personal life, I would like to approach the title of my first post with different point of views.
 In a grammaticall point of view, my name means victory, triumph. It is an old Turkish word. Therefore in daily life, you cannot hear it oftenly.
 On the other point of view, I am a son of my parents and a younger brother of my sibling. I share this point of because If I am writing my first blog post right now, I owe them on the way of having this experience. They always support me.
 If somebody asks me "Who are you?", probably my first answer going to be "Nothing, I am nothing." I believe that as soon as my answer didn't change, new experiences will be waiting for me. Also in my opinion with remembering this answer all the time, I will encourage myself to get away from being nothing.
 Surprisingly I also define myself "Everything. Yes, I am everything." I am 19 and I live in a foreign country since I am 18 and I didn't struggle with any serious problem which causes from living in a different culture. I am also a cleaner of my dorm room and I am a great chef of myself who can only cooks Turkish food. More important than these, I am a human who still didn't lose his conscience, tolerance and honour. Because of all of these reasons I am also everything in addition to being nothing.

Utku Hasbay 

No comments:

Post a Comment